Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother found this recipe in a Russian cookbook. It is a different take on chicken salad, but I find it very nice for lunch or supper. You make the ingredients very chunky so it is not really a sandwich chicken salad but more of a salad.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (steamed or boiled and shredded)
- 2 cucumbers (peeled, chopped)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 6 -8 red potatoes (boiled, chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes (cut in wedges)
- Combine chicken breast, cucumber, eggs, onion and potatoes in large bowl.
- In small bowl combine sour cream and mayo.
- Blend chicken mixture with the dressing mixture.
- Place on a couple leaves of Romaine or Boston lettuce and garnish with tomatoes.
this is a really good salad thanks for posting a little fresh dill and or parsly is good with this too