1/1 Photo of Russian Carrot Tart
I've made this vegetarian recipe from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook so many times that my copy of the cookbook fell apart at that page! Economical, unusual, and absolutely delicious. Also travels well and keeps for a week in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onions with a little salt in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- 2Add the carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover the skillet.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender.
- 4Uncover and stir in flour.
- 5Preheat oven to 375.
- 6Beat the cheese and egg in a bowl.
- 7Stir in the carrot mixture, black pepper, and dill.
- 8Spread the mixture in an 8-inch pie crust (the book recommends a nut crust -- I've posted the recipe as Crunchy Nut Pie Pastry).
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, lower heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- 10Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Carrot Tart
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 502.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: