Recipe by Sarah Truesdell
This is a Siberian variation of a Korean salad (called Korean Carrot Salad in Russia). It is a spicy dish that mixes carrot and coriander for a positively addicting result.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Slice into long, thin, square strips. Hint: you will need a vegetable slicer NOT grater for this job. I bought mine at a local Asian food store.
- For dressing: In separate bowl, mix oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, red pepper and coriander.
- Pour dressing over carrots, mix well.
- Adjust the spices to taste. Reduce the red pepper for a milder version.