Russian Buttercream Chocolate Frosting
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring before continuing, until just melted.
- In a food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, about 5-10 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl, and then add the melted chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy, about 10-15 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Frosting can be used immediately or for longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.