Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on America's Test Kitchen's recipe. Easy to make using a food processor.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup golden syrup (Lyle's or Delta Brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (1 8 oz. box Bakers Baking Chocolate Squares) or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (1 8 oz. box Bakers Baking Chocolate Squares)
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals, stirring before continuing, until just melted.
- In a food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, about 5-10 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl, and then add the melted chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy, about 10-15 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Frosting can be used immediately or for longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.