Recipe by carrie sheridan
Bite-sized balls that Melt In Your Mouth - fabulous! These, the chocolate meringues, the lemon-cheese spritz cookies and Kathie Lee Gifford's pecan tarts are truly the only Christmas cookies you need to bake - to have the Very BEST...
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, to coat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat well the butter and sugar together.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Shape/roll into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Roll AT ONCE, while warm, in 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Cool and then roll AGAIN in confectioner's sugar.
- These are so simple and yet so special.