Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bite-sized balls that Melt In Your Mouth - fabulous! These, the chocolate meringues, the lemon-cheese spritz cookies and Kathie Lee Gifford's pecan tarts are truly the only Christmas cookies you need to bake - to have the Very BEST...
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, to coat
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat well the butter and sugar together.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Shape/roll into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Roll AT ONCE, while warm, in 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Cool and then roll AGAIN in confectioner's sugar.
- These are so simple and yet so special.
It doesn't get any better than these. They taste like shortbread and are buttery, sinful goodness.
These cookies are truly awesome. I had a little problem with the amounts of butter and sugar, so I added another 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar and everything was fine!! I can promise you, they don't last long on a plate at a party.
These are truly delectable and so easy to make. My kids had a ball helping out!!I used hazelnuts as my family love them. When checking if they are ready, I recommend breaking one open. If there is no butter line then they are done. I live in the cosmopolitan city of Cairo in Egypt, my Russian colleague loved them, and when I added a quarter teaspoon of mixed spice, my family gave this recipe wows!! Thanks for sharing Carrie!.... I'll be giving the pecan tarts and the chocolate meringues a try this weekend!