1/1 Photo of Russian Borsh/Borsch
3 hrs 30 mins
I have a friend in Russia, and she did me the honor of giving me a copy of a true Russian borsh recipe (I am guessing thou that each recipe might be a little different). This is so good! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook meat for 2 hours in *water* or until meat is very tender -reserve liquid (*add water if needed along the way)
- 2Get meat out of pot and shred-set aside.
- 3Sauté onion, carrots in small skillet-set aside with meat.
- 4Boil beets in meat broth/water until soft.
- 5Take beets out and shred.
- 6Cut up raw potatoes and raw cabbage.
- 7Put all-(the sautéed mixture--beets, meat, raw ingredients)--together in broth/water.
- 8Boil until potatoes are done (about 30 minutes).
- 9Add spices according to taste.
- 10SERVE WITH SOUR CREAM!
Nutritional Facts for Russian Borsh/Borsch
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 23.9 g