Recipe by LipsLaRue
Fast and healthy recipe found in the 1970's from a health food magazine. Too many years ago to remember which magazine, health food promoter, etc., but it is delicious if you love garlic!
Top Review by irina m.
I like this salad too, but other reviewers I boil beets too. I had one left over carrot so I added it too and it tasted great. I also used regular walnuts. The walnuts twist gives this salad a better texture. My mom makes similiar salad but this one is way better and I cannot wait to have my mom over to show off. Definitely boil the beets unless you are into raw food
- 4 large raw beets
- 4 -6 raw peeled garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black walnut (no substitute)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey (more added to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and shred beets, place in bowl.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves, add to shredded beets.
- Add pieces of black walnuts (do not substitute other walnuts or nuts).
- Add mayonnaise and honey.
- Stir to mix all ingredients and refrigerate in covered bowl until ready to serve.