Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good company dish. From the The Best of Bridge series
Make and share this Russian Beet Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can beets, sliced
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Drain beets, reserving liquid.
- Slice beets into shoestrings.
- Add enough water to beet juice to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Bring liquid to boil.
- Add jello and stir until jello is dissolved.
- Cool and then add sugar, vinegar, horseradish, and lemon juice.
- Add beets and pour into a 9" x 9" glass dish.
- Refrigerate until salad is set.
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise adding enough milk until it is the consistency of icing Spread over top of salad and refrigerate until serving time.