We are currently travelling around Australia, following the crab season it seems. One of our favourite ways to eat all these crabs we catch is in crab cakes. Russell has almost perfected them for our tastes-but I tell him he'll just need to practice a bit more ;-)
- 250 g crabmeat
- 250 g small peeled cooked prawns, roughly chopped (shrimp)
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (or maybe a little more)
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Shape into 8 cakes.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and fry the cakes until cooked and golden on one side (about 5 minutes).
- Turn over and cook for another couple of minutes or until cooked right through.
- Serve at once with a wedge of lime on the side.