1/3 Photos of Russell's Thai Style Crab and Prawn Cakes
We are currently travelling around Australia, following the crab season it seems. One of our favourite ways to eat all these crabs we catch is in crab cakes. Russell has almost perfected them for our tastes-but I tell him he'll just need to practice a bit more ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g crabmeat
- 250 g small peeled cooked prawns, roughly chopped (shrimp)
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (or maybe a little more)
- 1Mix all ingredients together well.
- 2Shape into 8 cakes.
- 3Heat the oil over medium heat and fry the cakes until cooked and golden on one side (about 5 minutes).
- 4Turn over and cook for another couple of minutes or until cooked right through.
- 5Serve at once with a wedge of lime on the side.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russell's Thai Style Crab and Prawn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 396.0 mg
- Sodium 2496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 50.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste