Recipe by Rillian
A recipe for marinara that my brother came up with. It is usually served with spaghetti, but goes well with other pastas.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Meat and cook onions together, along with garlic. Cooking them together until the juices are mostly gone.
- Add diced tomatoes and spices. Let it cook for about twenty minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add everything else. Stir in thoroughly and let it simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Alternately, step 1 can be done on the stove top and the others may be done in a slow cooker. The slow cooker method does allow for the flavors to blend better.