Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful recipe that I make all the time. One of those old family recipes. This one is courtesy of "What's for Supper?" cookbook. I use my noodle maker/press to roll out the dough so it cooks evenly.
- Measure 1 3/4 cups flour into large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and yeast.
- Heat water, milk and shortening until warm (120deg).
- Pour into flour mixture; add eggs and beat.
- Stir in rest of flour; knead 3 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 20 minutes.
- Brown beef; add other ingredients.
- Cook till cabbage is wilted.
- Roll dough thin.
- Cut into 6" squares.
- Put 3 Tblsps of filling in center; bring corners up and seal.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden.
Alyssa these turned out just SCRUMPTIOUS! I did the dough in my bread machine on the "quick dough" cycle. It worked perfectly. My hubby says to give you 100 stars! Thanks for a wonderful recipe :)
Just like the ones my Grandma used to make!!!! AWESOME