Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This recipe was given to me by my best friend's mother when I got married in an album full of family friendly recipes. My husband loves this and requests it often...which I find funny as he detests cabbage. It really is a nice comfort dish. If I have extra time I use Rhoads frozen bread dough for the wrap instead of bisquick. Sometimes I spice it up a bit by adding lots of black pepper and ground white pepper to the hamburger mixture. Lots of ways you can change this recipe. The photo is using Rhoads wheat bread dough and then glazed with egg white before baking...baked at 320 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped medium fine
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- After hamburger has been browned, add in cabbage and onions.
- Cook until veggies start to soften.
- Add in soup and salt, mix well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick and milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Roll into 16 X 8 inch rectangle and cut into 6-8 equal pieces.
- Fill each piece of dough with hamburger mixture and fold in all sides to seal.
- Pinch edges together well to ensure that it seals.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Serve with mushroom or country gravy spooned over the top.