Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different take on a Nebraska original recipe. Quick and easy
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Seperate rolls to make 8 squares.
- Put some meat mixture in each rolls.
- Then pull roll corners together and pinch shut.
- Bake 15 minutes or until brown according to instructions on crescent rolls.
Great recipe - the filling tastes just like the traditional runzas I've had (and I live in Nebraska - I've eaten a lot of runzas, though this was the first time I've made them myself). I used a whole large onion instead of measuring out 1/2 cup, and used 6 celery stalks. Also, I used fresh minced garlic instead of garlic salt. I added salt to the mixture. I cooked everything together first, too (in a skillet on the stove). The crescent rolls gave the crust/bread a light, buttery flavor that I really enjoyed. All in all, I really liked this recipe and will make them again. Thank you for posting!