Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a lovely filling for tacos, goes well on tostadas, or just is nice on the plate with some vegetables and rice.
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 14.79 ml oil
- 0 onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 59.14-118.29 ml water
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Open and drain the can of beans.
- In a pan, saute onions in the oil.
- When the onions are done, add cumin and cook until you can smell it roasting.
- Put onions, water, and beans in a blender or magic bullet. Give it a good whirl until there are no whole beans left.
- Return beans mixture to the pan and heat.
- Add salt to taste and more water if necessary.
- When hot, remove from heat and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
I found the flavour a bit lacking and added more (double) cumin as well as a tsp of garlic. Surprisingly easy to make your own refried beans, which is a bonus. Made for ZWT - Zingo.
Easy to make refried beans. I used them in a Mexican layered dip with good results. I like that this takes a random can of black beans from the pantry & turns it into a flavorful dish. I did drain & rinse the beans. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
how easy is this made for zingo world tour 8