Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We make this whenever I have venison, The family just loves it.
- 2 -3 lbs venison, bone and cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- cooked rice
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides.
- Remove meat from skillet to a large bowl.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute.
- Add the to bowl with meat.
- Add water to pan and stir while bringing to a boil to gather the juices.
- Pour water into the bowl.
- Add tomatoes sauce and remaining ingredients to skillet and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- Add to bowl.
- Pour contents of the bowl into skillet and cook fo 5 min or until thoroughly heated stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice.