1/5 Photos of Running Creek Spaghetti Sauce
3 hrs 30 mins
This has become a classic at our house. Sometimes I brown sausage and hamburger to add to it for meat suace or if I don't get lazy I make meatballs. We often freeze the leftover suace for quick weekday meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 453.59 g can tomato paste
- 2 (2608.15 g) can tomato juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml oregano
- 44.37 ml basil
- 4.92 ml marjoram
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.29 ml rosemary
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 453.59 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 2 (822.13 g) can whole tomatoes
- 1In a large stock pan, saute onions, garlic, and green peppers in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- 2Add oregano, marjoram, basil, rosemary and crushed red peppers.
- 3Saute a few minutes longer.
- 4Add tomatoe juice and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and add the brown sugar.
- 6Squeeze the whole tomatoes through your hand when adding to the pot and add the juice from the can to the pot also.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients.
- 8Simmer at least 3 hours The longer the better I usually start it in the morning and simmer all day.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Running Creek Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2944.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g