1/5 Photos of Running Creek Spaghetti Sauce
3 hrs 30 mins
This has become a classic at our house. Sometimes I brown sausage and hamburger to add to it for meat suace or if I don't get lazy I make meatballs. We often freeze the leftover suace for quick weekday meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (46 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/16 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1In a large stock pan, saute onions, garlic, and green peppers in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- 2Add oregano, marjoram, basil, rosemary and crushed red peppers.
- 3Saute a few minutes longer.
- 4Add tomatoe juice and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and add the brown sugar.
- 6Squeeze the whole tomatoes through your hand when adding to the pot and add the juice from the can to the pot also.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients.
- 8Simmer at least 3 hours The longer the better I usually start it in the morning and simmer all day.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Running Creek Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2944.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g