Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found this online; it is a recipe submitted by the wife of the UNLV Rebels' head coach for a contest by Hidden Valley Ranch.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
When I saw this was from UNLV I had to try it as that's my old Alma Mater from Nursing School. It was wonderful, taste great, fast, easy and disappeared fast. I made exactly as directed except for using an orange pepper instead of red as that's what I had. Loved the addition of the ranch dressing, that just added that little extra. Next time I might even try adding a tomatillo tomatoe to the mix. This will be great for company appy. Made for PAC fall 2011
- 3 large Hass avocadoes, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large anaheim chili, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher, mash the avocados until chunky.
- Add the onion, cilantro, bell pepper, and chile.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice and package of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix. Add to the avocado mixture along with the pepper and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole, pressing to eliminate any air pockets (this will help keep the guacamole from turning brown).
- Serve at room temperature
- This dip is best when made within 8 hours of serving, but it can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving, but keep covered until ready to serve.