1/1 Photo of Runner Bean Vinaigrette
On the way home from a recent trip to England, I picked up in the airport bookstore a copy of BBC Good Food Magazine. This publication has some beautiful recipes in it. This is one of them. I guessed from the picture of the recipe that runner beans are the same as our green beans, so that is what I used. The recipe also calls for anchovies, of which I am not a fan. I substituted bacon bits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 500 g runner beans, topped, tailed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces white bread, whizzed to rough crumbs (Use a good quality bread)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1Put the eggs into a pan of cold water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 8 minutes.
- 2Put the beans into a steamer or heatproof colander, cover and steam over the egg pan for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender and very bright green.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cool the eggs under cold water, then peel.
- 5Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil.
- 6When hot, tip in the bread crumbs and whole garlic clove.
- 7Stir for about 3 minutes until toasted and golden, and just infused with the garlic.
- 8Chop the eggs, chives and anchovies and mix together.
- 9Toss the beans with the dressing while still warm, then scoop onto a serving dish.
- 10Top with the anchovy mix and the crumbs, then spoon over any dressing left in the bowl.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Runner Bean Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: