Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Runza done my way. Which basically means no cabbage.
- 2 loaves bread dough, frozen raw
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Let two loaves of frozen bread dough thaw. Read the directions on th label to get how much time it will take.
- Meanwhile, brown the hamburger over medium heat and drain the grease.
- Then return hamburger to pan.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook down.
- Salt and pepper.
- When dough rises, roll it down to the thickness of a pan style pizza crust. Try to roll it out square.
- When it is rolled out cut 6" by 6" squares out of the dough.
- Add a combination of the meat micture and cheese in the middle of the dough.
- Fold the dough around the meet making all four corners touch in the middle.
- Squeeze the seams together.
- Put the Runza seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. They will sit there for half an hour while the dough rises again.
- While waiting for the dough to rise you need to preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the dough turn golden brown.