Recipe by twissis
This is yet another recipe from my Tasty Holiday Gifts cookbook & 1 I am unable to make due to ingredient issues. Their intro suggests this as a winning hostess gift on Derby Day.
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup peppermint schnapps
- liquid green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-qt container, combine 1st 5 ingredients & tint to a pale green color using green liquid food coloring.
- Pour evenly into 1.5 qt or 1.5 lt bottles or containers w/secure caps. Cover & store in refrigerator. Give prep instructions w/ea container as follows:.
- To Make Punch: In a lrg punch bowl, stir together 1.5 qts chilled punch mix & 12 oz chilled lemon-lime soft drink. If desired, add ice cubes & garnish w/fresh mint.
- Serving Tips: If serving over ice & as mentioned in a prior recipe, freeze lemon-lime soft drink in cubes & place a sprig of mint in ea cube. Another option would be to garnish w/a candied lime slice using my Recipe #190440. Imagine the presentation!