Recipe by yooper
This recipe is my own creation. I had to bring a main dish to a potluck and I used what I had on hand. Not bad if I do say so myself...I came home with an empty dish!
- 2 (12 ounce) packageskraft Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onion, green pepper, red pepper in a little oil or butter until just beginining to soften.
- Add ground beef, break up and stir until beef is brown.
- Add the package of taco seasoning mix plus the can of chilli beans, undrained.
- Stir and heat until bubbling.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add dry shells from both packages, cook until tender.
- Drain, and add the cheese mixture from both packages in a large bowl.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the shells into the pan, top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour ground beef mixture over.
- Top with remaining shells, smooth over to cover.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.