Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Cute name! Easy and very fast too. This is also known as a Rink Tum Ditty. This recipe is a bit different than the three Rink Tum Ditty recipes that were already posted - it doesn't include any eggs as an ingredient which is good as I'm not a fan of undercooked eggs. This was another recipe of the week in The Week magazine, originally from Charles Perry of the Los Angeles Times. A British comfort food, serve with ale on the side. I added an optional 2 tablespoons of dry sherry too:D
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (best quality)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 4 slices whole grain bread (thick)
- 1 tablespoon chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cheese, tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, onion, pepper and sherry if using in skillet. Stir over medium heat until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1-2 minutes until cheese mixture firms up slightly.
- Ladle mixture onto slices of toast and broil until tops start to bubble, but don't let them brown. Garnish with chives. Serve hot.