Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I'm a sucker for recipes that call for rum. I think I got this from In Style magazine, and it was a hit at Christmas. I can't seem to master making pie crust, so I use the Pillsbury frozen ones and nobody has complained. :)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rum (Captain Morgan's spiced is yummy)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 nine-inch frozen deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl beat eggs with wire whisk.
- Add flour and continue to whisk until it has been incorporated.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, rum, butter and vanilla.
- Stir in pecans.
- Evenly divide mixture between frozen pie crusts.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool at room temp on wire rack.
This is absolutely the most wonderful pie!!!!! It is easy and went over as a big hit at my office.
I usually hate pecan pie, but I made this for my cousin who loved it. I think I put a bit too much syrup and rum (it was a little runny at first) But even I REALLY liked the overall taste - plus it was SUPER easy
This was a really yummy crispy pie. BTW, 2 cups of dark corn syrup is a whole bottle! and the recipe makes 2 pies. A huge favorite of the pecan eaters, I had to send it home with a guest. Will make again. For those concerned, you really only taste the flavor of the rum not the alcohol.