1/6 Photos of Rumpledethumps
Aunt Cookie's Note:
From Sundays at Moosewood. I know this has a pretty bizarre name, but the casserole itself is pretty standard comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and coarsely chop the potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Steam the cabbage, leeks, and broccoli.
- 3Melt 2 tb. of the butter and add the mace.
- 4Combine the cabbage, leeks, and broccoli with the seasoned butter; salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Drain and mash the potatoes with the remaining butter and the milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Combine potatoes with other vegetables.
- 7Oil a 9 x 13 pan and spread the vegetable mixture in it.
- 8Sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- 9Broil for a few minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Nutritional Facts for Rumpledethumps
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.9 g