Recipe by Julesong
The light tropical flavors of this dish make it perfect for a hot summer weekend lunch or dinner!
Top Review by Sexy Chef Sheri
This was fantastic, and super easy! I left out the veggies because I only had carrots and thought that would be just silly. But I did everything else as noted, and it was just great! Finally I was able to cook something that DH didn't complain about! This is a keeper, and we will make this again and again. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup puerto rican light rum
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 2 -3 tablespoons pineapple chunks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut snow peas into 1/2-inch pieces; peel carrots and cut into thin rounds.
- Combine the broth, coconut milk, lime juice, and cornstarch in bowl, whisking until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add the snow peas and carrots and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, ginger, garlic, salt, and cayenne; cook, stirring until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes (don't overcook!).
- Stir in the rum and cook for another minute longer.
- Re-stir the broth mixture, add to skillet together with the basil and pineapple chunks (if using) and bring rapidly to boil; let simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Makes 4 servings.