Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this when i was in 6th grade... ive searched and searched till i found it again... ENJOY!
- 4 -6 ripe bananas
- 3 -4 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 -4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel bananas, slice them lenthwise (thin).
- Place bananas in small dish in one single layer.
- melt butter.
- mix butter in separate bowl with syrup,rum and lemon juice.
- Pour over bananas.
- bake about 10 minutes or until the bananas are soft and the topping is bubbly Serve bananas hot from oven, on individual plates over a scoop of ice cream.
Yummy! The aroma of this filled my house while these were baking! I added a tsp. of cinnamon as well to this. These are a marriage in heaven when served with vanilla ice-cream.
I am SO glad to see a banana recipe. I get loads of them off the trees at the end of the summer and never know what to do with them all. Thanks a bunch! I'm hoping this will freeze. I'll let you know in a month when i thaw some out. I squirted a little canned whipped cream on it and ate it out of the bowl. Delightful!
SOOOooo GOOOOD. Easy to make, Great flavor and aroma. Served them with Vanilla ice Cream. Recipe is a keeper.