Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake is not for the weak of heart it's guaranteed to be a crowd winner. I always like to add a shot or two more than what the recipe calls for.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour one bundt pan, and evenly distribute the the nuts on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl blend the cake mix, water, oil, 1/2 cup rum, eggs, and the instant vanilla pudding.
- Pour batter into the greased bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is instered into the center and it comes out clean.
- 5-10 minutes before the cake is removed from the oven, combine the remaining 1/2 cup rum, butter, and sugar into a sausepan. Heat on stove until th butter melts and the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the cake has been removed from the oven slowly pour the entire hot rum mixture over
- Let the cake rest for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a plate. Cool.
Quite delicious. I usually shy away from cake mixes, but this is an exception! I used Captain Morgan's spiced rum. I poked holes in the cake with a toothpick before pouring the glaze over. Took to work for a party. Rave reviews! I will definitely make again. Thanks!
Easy, Yummy, & MOIST. I was out of regular rum so I used a combination of Coconut Rum topped off with Vodka. Rave reviews from the babysitting co-op moms. Make sure to pour the liquid slowly so the pan doesn't overflow.
Just delicious! Thank you for posting!