Recipe by Mille®
The beauty of rumbled eggs is that they cook practically on their own, and it's very hard to ruin them by overcooking.
Top Review by ChefKristine
I just had to try this recipe simply because it looked so odd! DH and I had for a late breakfast on a Sunday morning...FANTASTIC! Served on buttered toast and it was just awesome! Will definitely make again!
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a saucepan of boiling water over a low heat.
- Put the butter in a bowl and stand it in the saucepan to melt, while you beat together the eggs, salt, pepper and water.
- When the butter is hot and clear, pour in the egg mixture and stir twice.
- They can then be left over the gently simmering water while you set the table.
- Give them an occasional stir as you pass by to prevent the eggs at the bottom from sticking.
- As soon as the eggs are the consistency of clotted cream remove the saucepan from the heat and the eggs will keep hot over the hot water until they are needed.
- Serve on buttered toast.