Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posting this so I don't lose the recipe (again). This is an easy to toss together dessert using canned fruits. I'm sure fresh fruits would be fine in this as well, but you may need to increase the bake time and the amount of sugar. Adapted from www.mealtime.org.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) canssliced mangoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamias or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Light.ly spray a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray. Put all the fruits in the prepared dish and mix gently with a rubber spatula.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugars. Break up any sugar lumps with your fingers. Cut in the butter cubes with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture forms fine crumbs. Mix in the coconut and nuts. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- This can be served warm, or at room temperature.
Crumble is my favourite thing in the world so I was delighted to make - and eat - this recipe. I am clearing the freezer as I am moving house and found peaches from the summer and they were perfect to use here. Made and loved for ZWT7.