Recipe by Aric Ross
This is a party favorite. A very nice recipe that you can keep in a crock pot for those holiday festivities or anytime that you want to have finger foods. While the water chestnuts are unexpected, they are a hit surprise!
Top Review by Mewnshine
These were a hit - the water chestnuts made for a great texture that really lets you appreciate the flavor of bacon & sauce. The only change I made was to replace Worcestershire sauce with extra soy sauce to avoid problems for those with fish allergies.
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 (7 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- soy sauce, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bacon slices into halves.
- Wrap the water chestnuts with the bacon pieces; secure with wooden picks.
- Place in a shallow 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and sugar in a bowl; mix well.
- Pour over the water chestnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes longer.