Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a party favorite. A very nice recipe that you can keep in a crock pot for those holiday festivities or anytime that you want to have finger foods. While the water chestnuts are unexpected, they are a hit surprise!
- Cut the bacon slices into halves.
- Wrap the water chestnuts with the bacon pieces; secure with wooden picks.
- Place in a shallow 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and sugar in a bowl; mix well.
- Pour over the water chestnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes longer.
These were a hit - the water chestnuts made for a great texture that really lets you appreciate the flavor of bacon & sauce. The only change I made was to replace Worcestershire sauce with extra soy sauce to avoid problems for those with fish allergies.
I made this for a Christmas party last year and EVERYONE loved them! People were trying to guess what was in the center and were shocked that it was water chestnuts. Even my husband who loathes water chestnuts thought these were delicious. Thanks for posting and I can't wait until Christmas to make again!