Rumaki (Chicken Livers, Sea Scallops or Both)
- Place bacon strips on frying pan with low flame and cover pan.
- Melt some butter and add the soy sauce, ginger, sherry and garlic in another frying pan with the chicken livers, scallops, or both, on a medium flame. DO NOT ALLOW THE BACON TO GET FULLY DONE, ONLY PARTIALLY DONE.
- While bacon is still soft and only partially done, remove and place strips onto a paper towel to slightly cool.
- When livers and scallops are done on both sides, remove from flame and also set aside onto paper towel to slightly cool.
- Slice the chicken livers and scallops into somewhat flat pieces.
- Take a piece of chicken liver or scallop, and a slice of water chestnut and wrap either 1/2 strip of bacon or a whole strip of bacon around the liver and water chestnut, securing it with a wooden toothpick. Place the Rumaki onto a cookie sheet, and continue this same procedure, until the cookie sheet is filled and the livers, scallops, and bacon are gone. Set the cookie sheet with all of the Rumaki aside.
- About 20 minutes before company arrives, preheat oven to 450 degrees. About 15 minutes before company arrives, place the cookie sheet with the Rumaki into the oven for 10 minutes, and then raise the oven to broil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve on a hot plate. Leave the toothpicks in place for serving.