This is a wonderful hors d'oeuvre
Make and share this Rumaki Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- Place bacon strips on frying pan with low flame and cover pan.
- Melt some butter or margarine, and add the soy sauce, ginger, sherry and garlic in another frying pan with a container of chicken livers on a medium flame.
- DO NOT ALLOW THE BACON TO GET FULLY DONE, ONLY PARTIALLY DONE.
- While bacon is still soft and only partially done, remove and place strips onto a paper towel to slightly cool.
- When livers are done on both sides, remove from flame and also set aside onto paper towel to slightly cool.
- Slice the chicken livers into somewhat flat pieces.
- Take a piece of chicken liver and a slice of water chestnut and wrap either 1/2 strip of bacon or a whole strip of bacon around the liver and water chestnut, securing it with a wooden toothpick.
- Place the Rumaki onto a cookie sheet, and continue this same procedure, until the cookie sheet is filled and the livers and bacon are gone.
- Set the cookie sheet with all of the Rumaki aside.
- About 20 minutes before company arrives, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- About 15 minutes before company arrives, place the cookie sheet with the Rumaki into the oven for 10 minutes, and then raise the oven to broil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve on a hot plate.
- Leave the toothpicks in place so they can pick it up by the toothpicks.
careful of the broiler - burns easy
Very easy and tasty. I like that you pre-cook everything so the oven time is shorter, and the bacon gets done!
I made Rumaki this way, but without the sherry. It was still delicious and yes, more steps/ pans, but a better tasting, (and "safer" - no smoke) Rumaki if you ask me.