1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Gourmet Magazine minus the Curry Powder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken livers into 24 pieces.
- 2Stir together soy sauce, ginger, and brown sugar.
- 3Add livers and water chestnuts, toss to coat.
- 4Marinate, covered and chilled for 1 hour.
- 5While livers marinate, soak toothpicks in cold water for 1 hour, drain well.
- 6Preheat broiler.
- 7Remove livers and chestnuts from marinade and discard.
- 8Place 1 piece of bacon on work surface and put 1 pices of liver and 1 piece of chestnut in center.
- 9Wrap bacon around liver and chestnut and secure with toothpick.
- 10Broil rumaki on rack of a broiler pan, turning once, until bacon is crisp and livers are cooked but still slightly pink inside, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 11Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Rumaki
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 234.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: