Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is taken from "The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook: Collectors Edition." I haven't tried any of these recipes, but I'm borrowing the book and trying to get as many posted for my personal use as possible. Hope you all enjoy!
- 16 slices bacon
- 1 lb chicken liver, cut into quarters
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
- Wrap 1/2 slice bacon around a piece of chicken liver and water chestnut slice.
- Secure with wooden pick. (Reserve any remaining water chestnut slices for another use).
- Arrange on broiler pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard in small bowl. Brush over bacon rolls.
- Broil, 6" from heat, 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken livers are done, turning and brushing with soy sauce mixture occasionally.
Good to see Rumaki in print here. This was very popular many years ago and seemed to be at every cocktail party. Can vouch for it because I have used it many times. There are also many variations but this one was popular.