Prep 6 hrs
Cook 8 mins
For adults and children alike!! I make this recipe every new years eve and my family loves it.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 -15 slices bacon
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 25 -30 toothpicks
- Mix together all marinade ingredients in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken livers & pineapple chunks into bag & mix gently.
- Refrigerate 6-8 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Set aside brown sugar in separate bowl.
- Drain chicken livers and pineapple in colander (DO NOT RINSE).
- Chop chicken liver in halves or thirds.
- Cut bacon strips in two, set aside half for pineapple.
- Place 1 chicken liver on each bacon slice.
- Top with water chestnut and fold bacon over.
- Pierce a toothpick through rumaki to secure.
- Repeat steps 9-11 with pineapple instead of liver.
- Roll rumaki in brown sugar.
- Place rumaki on a broiler pan about 1 inch apart.
- Broil rumaki for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.