Recipe by DeanaS
I don't know the origin of this recipe, but I am requested to make it for every get together.
Top Review by Alan Leonetti
This is not Rumaki. True Rumaki is a slice of sauteed chicken liver, and a slice of water chestnut wrapped in bacon. You left out the chicken liver, which is the most important part... leonetti00 at aol dot com
- 1 lb bacon (maple flavor is great)
- 30 water chestnuts (about 2 cans whole chestnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain liquid from water chestnuts.
- Put in pie plate or something shallow; pour soy sauce over top and stir to coat.
- Soak for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain soy sauce, sprinkle with sugar; stir to coat.
- Cut bacon slices into 3 pieces.
- Roll water chestnut in bacon piece and secure with toothpick.
- Bake until bacon is done, about 30-40 minutes. Drain off fat and serve hot.