1/1 Photo of Rumaki
6 hrs 40 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Easy to put together for a great party appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 14 -16 slices bacon
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 28 -32 wooden toothpicks (not frilled)
- 1Mix together the soy, sherry, 3 T of brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and oils in a resealable plastic bag.
- 2Add chicken livers and mix gently.
- 3Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat broiler or over grill to high.
- 5Drain marinade from chicken livers, reserving 1/4 cup.
- 6Chop larger chicken livers in half or thirds.
- 7Cut each bacon slice into 2 pieces.
- 8Place 1 slice of water chestnut on top of each 1/2 piece of bacon.
- 9Top with a chicken liver and fold sides of bacon over.
- 10Run a toothpick through the rumaki to secure it.
- 11Lay each rumaki on a greased baking sheet (one with sides to catch drippings) or you may also line the pan with quick release foil.
- 12Mix together the 1/4 cup reserved marinade with 1/4 cup brown sugar until blended.
- 13Baste the rumaki with this mixture and set aside.
- 14Broil/grill rumaki for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 15During this time, drain any accumulated bacon drippings (or it will smoke); also baste frequently during cooking, and turn rumaki over as they brown.
- 16Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts for Rumaki
Serving Size: 1 (971 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: