Prep6 hrs 30 mins
Easy to put together for a great party appetizer.
Make and share this Rumaki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 14 -16 slices bacon
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 28 -32 wooden toothpicks (not frilled)
- Mix together the soy, sherry, 3 T of brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and oils in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken livers and mix gently.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler or over grill to high.
- Drain marinade from chicken livers, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Chop larger chicken livers in half or thirds.
- Cut each bacon slice into 2 pieces.
- Place 1 slice of water chestnut on top of each 1/2 piece of bacon.
- Top with a chicken liver and fold sides of bacon over.
- Run a toothpick through the rumaki to secure it.
- Lay each rumaki on a greased baking sheet (one with sides to catch drippings) or you may also line the pan with quick release foil.
- Mix together the 1/4 cup reserved marinade with 1/4 cup brown sugar until blended.
- Baste the rumaki with this mixture and set aside.
- Broil/grill rumaki for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- During this time, drain any accumulated bacon drippings (or it will smoke); also baste frequently during cooking, and turn rumaki over as they brown.
- Serve hot.