Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was tweaked from one developed by Chef Michael Lomanaco of Noche Restaurant in New York. Cooking times do not reflect marinating time 4 hours to overnight.
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small white onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, bottom stems discarded (about 1/2 cup loosely packed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs whole pork tenderloin, trimmed of any excess fat
- In food processor or blender, combine the garlic, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, rum, sugar, and lime juice Process/blend until finely chopped, then drizzle in the oil, pulsing just to combine.Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Put the pork in a large bowl and rub pork thoroughly with the marinade, Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and placve into the skillet. Sear until golden, about 3 minutes, then turn the pork over to sear the other side, turning again to completely sear all sides, about 3 minutes per side until well browned.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the remaining marinade to the pan and partly cover to finish cooking, about 5-6 minutes more. Cook until the internal temperature, using an instant-read thermometer inserted to the thickest part of the pork reads 155 degrees F.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board, and let it rest for 10 minutes. Carve the pork into 1/2 -inch-thick slices and serve.
We served this at a party and it was a hit with everyone. Everyone in my family loves it.
This was a very good pork tenderloin recipe. I made it exactly as directed and it turned out great with wonderful flavor and smells for the house. I usually grill pork tenderloin, but needed to cook inside and this was the perfect solution. I served it with roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and a garden salad. We'll be having this one again!