Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ricardo. Perfect for my friends of Beverage Tag game :) You can use this rum with fruit cakes. You can try to do a rum and coke with this rum.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of (taken with a peeler knife)
- 1 orange, rind of (taken with a peeler knife)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg
- In a jar of about 2 cups, mix all ingredients. Close hermetically. Let macerate about 1 week at room temperature.
- Strain. Keep the orange and lemon zest to garnish glasses.
- Serve on ice.
Made half a recipe as I ran out of rum. Left it a whole week to macerate. Tried it as is and was much too strong for me!! ;) Had it with Diet Coke as a rum and coke and enjoyed it. Would use half the cinnamon and nutmeg next time as it seemed to overpower the rum. Made for Holiday Tag! Merci Boomette! :)