Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a dessert that makes a great hostess gift as well!
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely ground white chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring cream to a light boil over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cover and let sit 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix walnuts and rum extract.
- Toss to blend.
- Uncover chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until creamy in texture.
- Pour over nut mixture and stir until the nuts are coated.
- Refrigerate until fudgy- approximately 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Roll into one inch balls, then immediately roll into ground white chocolate.
- Place in mini cupcake holders and enjoy.
- NOTE: Keep refrigerated if not being served.
These were so very easy, and have a delightful flavor and texture. Will definitely be adding these to my candy trays. Thank you for sharing!
This recipe is a keeper!! The rum and walnut flavors really come through. I doubled the recipe and followed the same directions with no problems.I made the mistake of chilling it too long and it hardened up a bit too much to handle but a short trip to the microwave solved that problem in just a couple of minutes. Thanks so much for posting! =)