My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 pickled okra pods, sliced into rounds
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, Cheddar cheese, pecans, and bread crumbs.
- 4In a medium skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 5Add the onion and cook until slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Pour the onion and tomato sauce over the bread crumb mixture and stir together.
- 8Spoon the tomato-bread mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until firm.
- 9Cool for 10 minutes and cut into 16 squares.
- 10Put the parmesan cheese on a large plate.
- 11Coat all sides of the squares in the Parmesan.
- 12Place 1 round of pickled okra in the center of each square as a garnish.
- 13To serve, skewer each square on a cocktail pick.
Nutritional Facts for Rum Tum Tiddy
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g