Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a cookbook called "Crazy for Chocolate" and I bought it just for this recipe (does that make ME crazy?), unfortunately I haven't had time to make these yet. Please let me know how they are...maybe that will be inspire me to get off my duff and make them myself! Note: the cooking time is the refrigeration times!
- 6 1⁄2 ounces dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 2⁄3 ounces crumbled chocolate cake
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Combine cream and butter in a snall pan; stir over low heat until the butter melts and the mixture is just boiling.
- Pour hot cream mixture over the chocolate; stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in cake crumbs and rum; combine well.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until it is just frim enough to handle.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Spread chocolate sprinkles on a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll each truffle in sprinkles, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Serve in small paper candy cups, if desired.