Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This sauce goes well with my chocolate chip bread pudding or over ice cream.
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and stir in cream and rum; simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Let cool.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I'm making your chocolate chip bread pudding for our Christmas Eve feast. So far, I've just made the rum toffee sauce, and it's delicious! Can't wait to try it over the bread pudding later.
OMG good, perfect with the chocolate chip bread pudding!