Recipe by Abby Girl
I love grilled pineapple...this is just another variation. This can be served with grilled meats or with ice cream drizzled with hot chocolate. This recipe is from the archives of Cooking Light.
Top Review by Katanashrp
5 stars all the way! I got a bottle of Captain Morgan as a gift but I'm more of a vodka fan so I was looking for some recipes to use it up. I found two, but this grilled dessert blew the other one out of the water (grill?) ;-) Thank you.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Captain Morgan's spiced rum
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted
- ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and rum in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Brush the rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.
- Heat butter in a grill pan over medium high heat. Add pineapple; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with coconut.