Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe turns an average sponge cake into a delicious rum cake! I use a hot milk sponge cake for this and it turns out beautifully. Captian Morgan's Spiced Rum is really delicious in this. If you do increase the amount of rum (which can give you a buzz!) increase the sugar a bit too. Enjoy!
- In a small saucepan stir water, corn syrup and sugar over medium heat, stir until it boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour in rum.
- Without removing spongecake from pan poke many holes halfway through the cake with a skewer approx 1/2 inch apart.
- Slowly pour all the rum mixture all over the cake. Let sit for a few minutes or overnight to soak.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.