- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces rum
- 3 -4 drops food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler, melt butter.
- Stir in milks and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat to gentle boil; stir constantly for 2-3 minuutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a little water and add to hot milk.
- Stir until thick.
- Remove from heat, then whisk in cinnamon, rum, and food coloring.
- Pour rum sauce over bread pudding and serve.