Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
I make this sauce (its VERY rich) & Custard Sauce (Custard Sauce) every year and pour a little of each over a serving of my Christmas Pudding. If there's any left, its great over vanilla or rum & raisin ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons rum flavoring
- Combine all ingredients, except rum& flavouring in a heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil to melt butter& combine well; remove from heat.
- Stir in rum& flavouring; refrigerate in a covered container.
Perfect rum sauce for what ever you want to serve it with.Even better since it is simple easy recipe using ingredients on hand. I served it with the foodland ontario recipe for apple rum and raisin bread pudding. Yum-O!
This is the rum sauce I've been looking for! Served it over fried bananas and it was delectable! I didn't have any rum flavouring, but the recipe was perfect without it. I might omit the water next time for a thicker consistency. Oh, and there will be a next time! Thanks CountryLady!
A great rum sauce. Quick and easy to make and the perfect topping for the rice pudding that I served it with.....