Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used this sauce atop of my homemade mincemeat pie. Put it on a warm piece of pie and watch it melt over the sides. Sooo good, try it on top of your favorite dessert.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy
- Cream butter; mix in powder sugar.
- Add egg whites.
- Add the flavorings.
- I just stored in an airtight container and put a dollop on the piece of pie.
- Or you can make into small patties with hands.
- Place on a plate then sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Store in refrig.
This was awesome! We served it over bread pudding.